Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sketchbook Pt. I

Sweet, beloved and dear hopefully loyal readers to be,

Today I figured it a great day to provide you with some sketches,
as we all know how important frequently drawing is if one desires improvement.
Now you may decide whether I can live up to my desires, because improvement is what I seek, although I'm not sure how conscious an effort I make drawing in my sketchbook.
Most of all I guess I just sketch whatever is on my mind or catches my eyes.

What is your main reason for sketching?
Is it practice?
Is it an addiction?
A basic need?
A reminder?
All of the above?
Something entirely else?

Would you consider it an important activity?
I know I do. And of course I should practice more.
And there's tons of other stuff I'd want or should do more,
but I simply can't and have to focus on just a few things.

Association of the day:
“Look, I've never had a dream in my life
Because a dream is what you wanna do, but still haven't pursued
I knew what I wanted and did it till it was done
So i've been the dream that I wanted to be since day one...”

— Aesop Rock, No Regrets






No comments:

Post a Comment